The Conservative Capitalist

The Conservative Capitalist
The Conservative Capitalist

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Governor Dannel Malloy is great guy…However.

A close friend of mine suggested that I might try and be a little kinder and gentler in some of my postings, at least in the beginning. So here goes.


Our new Governor, Dannel P. Malloy is a great guy, he really is. I have interviewed him on numerous occasions during my career as a radio broadcaster. In fact, I still have in my possession a letter of recommendation that then Mayor Malloy penned on my behalf. So yes I can state unequivocally that our Governor is a really nice person.

However, I must admit that I did not vote Mr. Malloy. In fact I worked for the opposition by serving as Communications Director for Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton’s campaigns for Governor and Lieutenant Governor and also as chairman of one of Tom Foley’s grassroots coalitions.

You see dear reader, there is a basic difference in philosophy between Liberals like Governor Malloy and Conservatives like me. That difference was really apparent last week when Governor Malloy speaking on MSNBC, dismissed Connecticut’s ranking as having the 47th worst business tax climate in the nation according to the Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan research group. The Governor called the ranking false and went on to claim that Connecticut is actually the 5th or 6th best state in the union for business.

In other words, business can afford to pay more for the privilege of operating in the Nutmeg state and by George, they will and they’ll like it.

Thus far, that anti-business philosophy has led to an exodus of businesses and whole lot of residents left looking for work. And Governor Malloy so far is promising more of the same.

Governor Malloy, you’re a great guy and thanks for the letter, but you have it absolutely wrong when it comes to taxes and the tolerance level of both businesses and individual taxpayers.

That was kind of nice, right?

1 comment:

  1. So based on the MSNBC interview you quote, and other facts I know, Dannel Malloy rejects true facts, replaces them with lies he cant support, and takes the attitude "If I want your opinion I will give it to you". Maybe the revolts in the Middle East to corrupt leaders needs to spread to Connecticut.

    - Gary Foley

    ReplyDelete